The new GSX-8R becomes the latest new model from Suzuki to utilise the new 776cc, parallel twin cylinder engine with its 270° crankshaft configuration, with common features shared with the
new-for-2023 GSX-8S, including a steel frame designed to contribute straight line stability and agile handling and separate aluminium subframe, cast aluminium wheels, and dual, radially mounted front calipers.
- The 776cc parallel twin, DOHC engine delivers a balance of smooth, controllable power from low rpm through to free-revving performance at the top end.
- The 270° crankshaft configuration provides power delivery characteristics and a rumble reminiscent of the V-twin range.
- The Suzuki Cross Balancer is a patented biaxial primary balancer that contributes to smooth operation and a compact, lightweight engine design.
- Long-reach iridium spark plugs help enhance combustion efficiency.
- Cooling system inlet control helps maintain consistent engine temperature and eliminates rough idle while warming the engine in cold weather.
- The electronic throttle bodies help achieve faithful response and a linear feeling to throttle action.
- The two-into-one exhaust system features a dual-stage catalytic converter inside the collector that helps meet Euro 5 emissions standards and a striking, short design.
- The six-speed transmission enables smooth shifting and improved controllability.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) helps reduce fatigue on long rides and contributes to smoother shifting.
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) features:
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS) allows the rider to select an engine map that is best suited to riding conditions or personal riding style.
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) with three modes, plus the ability to switch off.
- Ride-by-wire electronic throttle control system makes for a throttle action that feels natural and responds faithfully to the rider’s input.
- Suzuki’s Bi-directional Quick Shift System (with on/off settings) provides quicker, smoother, more assured shifting without operating the clutch lever, and without closing the throttle on upshifts or blipping it on downshifts.
- Suzuki Easy Start System starts the engine with one press of the starter button.
- Low RPM Assist function helps maintain engine idle speed for smoother and easier starts.
- Steel frame contributes to straight line stability and agile handling.
- Forged aluminium separate handlebars contribute to positive control and a sporty riding position.
- The windscreen helps airflow and helps the GSX-8R slip through the air with more efficiency and stability, while also reducing fatigue on long rides.
- Dual four-piston radially-mounted front brake calipers act on 310mm discs to provide sure stopping power and controllability.
- Cast aluminium wheels featuring a unique design and contribute to agile handling and a sporty appearance.
- Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport2 tyres aid in predictable handling and sporty performance.
- Showa SFF-BP* (Separate Function Fork – Big Piston) inverted front forks provide support and sporty performance as well as delivering a smooth, controllable ride.
- Showa link-type rear suspension contributes to agility and stability.
- A uniquely shaped lightweight aluminium swingarm with enhanced torsional rigidity that contributes to nimble handling and straight-line stability.
- The 14-litre fuel tank features a slim design.
- Cowl and frame-mounted headlight assembly contributes to agility and neutral steering feel.
- The rider’s seat is designed for comfort, delivering solid support and shaped to offer freedom of movement.
- New cowl-mounted mirrors enhance aerodynamic performance and wind protection.
Electric equipment features:
- A five-inch colour TFT multi-function instrument panel features a clearly legible display of a variety of information.
- Vertically-stacked LED headlights topped by LED position light provide a clear view of the road ahead and create a sharp look with bold presence.
- The LED rear combination light features a distinctive design.
- LED turn signals are highly visible and long-lasting.
- Styling pays tribute to Suzuki’s sportsbike heritage while creating a new design that symbolises the future of Suzuki’s sportsbike design.
- Wind tunnel-developed fairing lowers the drag coefficient, improves high-speed stability and makes touring more comfortable by providing the rider with better wind protection.
- The bodywork features flat surfaces and sharp lines that emphasise the GSX-8R’s compact, slim and well-balanced proportions.
- Exposed parts such as the engine and seat rails are painted to highlight the mechanical appeal of functional beauty.
- A short exhaust design accentuates the slim, compact design.
- The compact LED rear combination light and LED licence plate light mounted on the slim rear fender make the GSX-8R rear end look short and slim.
- Bold graphics use new typography to create a presence that will be instantly recognisable.
- Body colours paired with coloured wheels make for a striking look.
Find us: Elgin Dr, Swindon SN2 8DN - 01793 435627