Suzuki has pulled the covers off two more new models for 2024, with the reveal of a new GSX-S1000GX crossover and GSX-8R middleweight sportsbike today at Eicma, in Milan, Italy.
With the GSX-S1000GX Suzuki steps into a new segment for the first time, offering a new sports crossover machine with a comprehensive suite of electronics.
Electronic suspension from Showa tops a spec sheet that also includes IMU-governed ABS and other braking systems, anti-wheelie, a new Roll Torque Control system, traction control, cruise control, selectable power modes, a bi-directional quickshifter and smartphone connectivity, accessed via a 6.5” colour TFT screen.
A 999cc inline four-cylinder delivers an abundance of power and torque throughout the rev range, peaking at 152PS and 106 Nm.
With an OTR price of £14,499, first customers can have their bikes by Christmas.
- The styling embodies the concept of Suzuki’s first luxury crossover model.
- A thoroughly modern design speaks of aggressive superbike-derived performance, blended with long-distance touring elegance and the tall, upright riding position and long-legged proportions of a crossover model.
- New front cowl features a sharp nose that culminates with a compact LED headlight, with compact LED position lights running along the sides forming a sharp pair of ‘eyes’.
- The contrasting colouring and upswept lines of the cowl’s side panels create an aggressive, yet sophisticated, look that complements the tall seating position. - Exposed side rails and gold front forks and rear suspension motor unit contrast with the blacked-out silencer and engine to emphasise the long-legged nature of the crossover design.
- The lineup of three available colours were carefully selected to convey the model’s appeal.
- High performance 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled DOHC inline four-cylinder engine delivers smooth, consistently powerful output throughout its wide power band.
- The engine’s broad, smooth torque curve and power delivery reduces fatigue when touring at motorway speeds, while also delivering powerful acceleration when desired.
- The four-into-two-into-one exhaust system is tuned to deliver powerful resonance while delivering a pleasing exhaust sound, while also satisfying Euro 5 emissions standards.
- Electronic throttle bodies help achieve optimal balance between idling speed control and power output characteristics, while also contributing to Euro 5 compliance.
- The air box reduces intake resistance and provides an exciting intake sound.
- The exhaust and intake cam profiles provide a fine balance of performance and controllability.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) contributes to smooth shifting and results in a light touch to the clutch lever operation that helps reduce fatigue on long rides, especially when caught in busy traffic.
- Compact, lightweight chassis is engineered to support the engine’s performance and provide maximum control and comfort.
- The twin-spar aluminium frame is built to deliver agile handling and great road holding ability that will go the distance.
- Exposed seat rails feature secure side case attachment points, and a design allows for thicker, more comfortable seats for the rider and passenger.
- The aluminium swingarm provides great road holding ability, contributes to stability in high-speed corners and features the strength to withstand heavy loads.
- Handlebars featuring a wide grip, positioned close to the rider contribute to a comfortable upright riding position.
- Attractive, six-spoke cast aluminium wheels contribute to the handling characteristics, stability, and all-round performance.
- Dunlop SPORTMAX Roadsport 2 radial tyres (120/70ZR17 front, 190/50ZR17 rear) are designed to perform optimally, provide sure grip in all conditions, and deliver the right combination of agility and stability.
- Four-piston Brembo monobloc front brake calipers mated to 310mm floating-mount twin discs deliver strong, reliable braking performance.
- The standard-equipment rear carrier is handy and practical for carrying extra gear, while its integrated grab bars provide the passenger with a firm grip that makes riding more comfortable.
- Suzuki Advanced Electronic Suspension (SAES) is paired with SHOWA SFF-CA™ inverted telescopic front forks and a BFRC-lite® link-type rear shock to deliver a plush, comfortable, and controllable ride.
- Suzuki Floating Ride Control (SFRC) improves manoeuvrability and comfort by helping to keep the seat and handlebars stable while the wheels and tyres absorb the bumps on the road.
- Measures to reduce vibration such as the floating handlebars and rubber-covered footrests contribute to a more relaxing and less tiring touring experience.
- Both the rider and pillion seats feature a new cushion construction that helps maximise comfort on long rides.
- The three-step height adjustable touring windscreen protects the rider to offer greater comfort and less fatigue on long rides.
- Standard-equipment hand guards protect the rider’s hands from the elements and give a look of tough, go-anywhere crossover touring performance.
Blade Motorcycles Ltd is an appointed representative of Heritage Automotive Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FRN: 307110. We are a Credit Broker not a Lender and can introduce you to a limited number of lenders. We typically receive a fixed commission calculated by reference to the vehicle model or amount you borrow, for introducing you to a lender but this does not affect the interest you pay on the agreement, which is set by the lender.